Beta release: ECU+ software/firmware v2.15 betas

Want the ECU+ to make you breakfast in the morning? Did the software light your basement on fire? Chime in here.
tlcoll1
Site Admin

Beta release: ECU+ software/firmware v2.15 betas

Post by tlcoll1 »

Attached to this post is the first beta of the latest ECU+ software and firmware, v2.15. All silver box users are welcome to try this out. It should be as stable as anything I've put out. To use this:

1. Read the upgrade manual.
2. Do what it says.
3. Report bugs. They'll get fixed right away.

If I get some bug reports, I'll make more betas. No bug reports, I'll make a release.

Note: downgrades aren't supported, so once you install this beta, re-installing older versions won't work (so don't do that).

Tom

Setup-v2.15beta1.exe
ECU+ software, firmware and user's manual, v2.15 beta 1.
(6.97 MiB) Downloaded 585 times
v215upg.pdf
v2.15 upgrade guide.
(452.76 KiB) Downloaded 612 times

tlcoll1
Site Admin

Re: Beta release: ECU+ software/firmware v2.15 betas

Post by tlcoll1 »

Attached is v2.15 beta 2.

- Fixed problem with opening files created by the new software (leftover debugging statement left in by accident).
- Use shaded toolbars on Vista.

No changes to the firmware, just the ECU+ Win software, so you don't have to do a DSP firmware update if you're running the last beta.

Tom
v215upg.pdf
v2.15 upgrade guide.
(452.76 KiB) Downloaded 629 times
Setup-v2.15beta2.exe
ECU+ software, firmware and user's manual, v2.15 beta 2.
(6.97 MiB) Downloaded 585 times

tlcoll1
Site Admin

Post by tlcoll1 »

Attached is v2.15 beta 3.

- Fixed problem with window arranging covering up dyno and drag analysis views.
- Added accelerators to some views, as keyboard shortcuts weren't working consistently.
- Fixed print preview and printing of the all-in-one view.

One minor change to the firmware to make the default for the boost control minimum WG duty cycle 0% rather than 5%. If you're running a previous beta, change this now. See screenshot.
0pct_min_wg.jpg
0pct_min_wg.jpg (44.33 KiB) Viewed 14293 times
I'm getting no bug reports, so I suspect this'll be the last beta. Please install and test both firmware and software and report bugs ASAP.

Tom
v215upg.pdf
v2.15 upgrade guide.
(452.76 KiB) Downloaded 590 times
Setup-v2.15beta3.exe
ECU+ software, firmware and user's manual, v2.15 beta 3.
(6.98 MiB) Downloaded 576 times

honki24

Post by honki24 »

I did two very quick pulls yesterday and set WGDC tables to 70 which got me about 20psi. I blew a coolant blockoff nubby thing and overheated and parked it. I think it seems to be working well, however boost didn't hold solid. I think maybe I had some overshoot or something. I had my spool table set to 16psi I think.

I'll change my lower wgdc setting to 0, I had it at 2.

Spool seemed pretty bad.
Advoacate of the Theocratic Reign.
http://www.FlatlineMotorsports.net
03 Evo 8

Omegared

Post by Omegared »

honki24 wrote:I did two very quick pulls yesterday and set WGDC tables to 70 which got me about 20psi. I blew a coolant blockoff nubby thing and overheated and parked it. I think it seems to be working well, however boost didn't hold solid. I think maybe I had some overshoot or something. I had my spool table set to 16psi I think.

I'll change my lower wgdc setting to 0, I had it at 2.

Spool seemed pretty bad.
Honki

Do you have a log?

My maf, boost selonoid and pig tail all are in. I will be installing everything tonight! I am going to do a pull with the MBC on first, then will start working with the boost selnoid to compare spool time and how see which one holds boost better.

honki24

Post by honki24 »

Very cool, please do that testing!!! Yeah I have a log. It's on my home comp. I'll try to post it later.
03 Evo 8

honki24

Post by honki24 »

I've also attached a printscreen.
I'll post my ROM too in case anyone's curious.
Attachments
ROM.zip
(113.8 KiB) Downloaded 538 times
screenshot.PNG
screenshot.PNG (77.83 KiB) Viewed 14281 times
20091006-1813.ecd
(1.04 MiB) Downloaded 558 times
03 Evo 8

tlcoll1
Site Admin

Post by tlcoll1 »

honki24 -

You'll definitely need to taper the WG duty cycle upward to flatten out the boost. I saw that on my car. Also, isn't 12:1 AFR a little lean at WOT? I usually shoot for low 11's.

Tom

honki24

Post by honki24 »

lol, thanks for the tuning advice.

Yeah I know, 12 is too lean for road racing. (FYI, 12 is not too lean on a typical basis - makes good power... but yes it is too lean for road racing.) Remember, my car sits on jack stands and when I said I took it out for a brief run I meant it. That's ALL the driving I did is what you see in that log. lol. Last I tuned it the temps were near 100F outside. Now it's much cooler so the air is denser and my maps had to get richened up a bit. No prob.

Yeah, I know I have to taper the WGDC up to get the boost to stop tapering down, but I'm specifically talking about the oscillation that you see in the curve.
03 Evo 8

Omegared

Post by Omegared »

Ok I have a few questions

So if you up wgdc to 95% that will help the taper at the end but what will help spool? It seems that you are getting full boost a little later than normal.

Also, how did you change the colors from blue to black

honki24

Post by honki24 »

Not sure what you mean by "from blue to black". I haven't changed any colors. ..oh wait... do you mean the window heading thingies? I have a windows theme that makes all of them black. I think it was called the "zune theme"?

I think the spool table did it's job, but I just think that somehow it didn't do enough. Like I said mine is set at like 16psi. Look at my boost curve at 16psi, you can see that the curve was steeper before 16psi at which point it went up a bit slower. I believe the WGDC did the right thing, but I'm still not sure why I got 20PSi at 4300RPM in second gear. I think it should be more like 3900RPM.
03 Evo 8

Omegared

Post by Omegared »

honki24 wrote:Not sure what you mean by "from blue to black". I haven't changed any colors. ..oh wait... do you mean the window heading thingies? I have a windows theme that makes all of them black. I think it was called the "zune theme"?

I think the spool table did it's job, but I just think that somehow it didn't do enough. Like I said mine is set at like 16psi. Look at my boost curve at 16psi, you can see that the curve was steeper before 16psi at which point it went up a bit slower. I believe the WGDC did the right thing, but I'm still not sure why I got 20PSi at 4300RPM in second gear. I think it should be more like 3900RPM.
Yes, I meant the WindowsTheme. Excuse my computer ignorance. lol. But it does look better in Black. :D

I didnt know you were shooting for 16psi. But being that is the case, after the spike, you seem to be in the general area. And spool is slower on your log. Check out my log to varify. My car is on a evo 9 turbo with nothing ported and a nasty boost leak at the TB.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=878\

Spool is a major concern for me. I am going to be putting on a bigger turbo very soon and i am going to need to spool it as fast as possible.

I hope to have everything up and running tonight to start my own testing on the ecu controlled boost.

tlcoll1
Site Admin

Post by tlcoll1 »

honki24 wrote:Yeah, I know I have to taper the WGDC up to get the boost to stop tapering down, but I'm specifically talking about the oscillation that you see in the curve.
The oscillation is because your spool PSI map values are too high - they should be a few PSI lower. If you roll the mouse over the area of the oscillation, you'll see the highlight bounce back and forth between the spool and WG maps with the duty cycle flipping between 70 (WG maps) and 95 (the spool-up duty cycle). The ECU+ is going "spool-nospool-spool-nospool...".

Tom

tlcoll1
Site Admin

Post by tlcoll1 »

honki24 wrote: I think the spool table did it's job, but I just think that somehow it didn't do enough. Like I said mine is set at like 16psi. Look at my boost curve at 16psi, you can see that the curve was steeper before 16psi at which point it went up a bit slower. I believe the WGDC did the right thing, but I'm still not sure why I got 20PSi at 4300RPM in second gear. I think it should be more like 3900RPM.
Notice that you didn't go WOT until the RPMs were at 3500 RPM, so that doesn't give much spool time. If you went WOT at a much lower RPM, I'd expect you to see your normal boost.

Tom

Omegared

Post by Omegared »

tlcoll1 wrote:
honki24 wrote: I think the spool table did it's job, but I just think that somehow it didn't do enough. Like I said mine is set at like 16psi. Look at my boost curve at 16psi, you can see that the curve was steeper before 16psi at which point it went up a bit slower. I believe the WGDC did the right thing, but I'm still not sure why I got 20PSi at 4300RPM in second gear. I think it should be more like 3900RPM.
Notice that you didn't go WOT until the RPMs were at 3500 RPM, so that doesn't give much spool time. If you went WOT at a much lower RPM, I'd expect you to see your normal boost.

Tom
You are correct Tom. I just noticed that myself.

Return to “Feature Requests and Bug Reports”