New feature: internal gear ratio calculation

Want the ECU+ to make you breakfast in the morning? Did the software light your basement on fire? Chime in here.
tlcoll1
Site Admin

New feature: internal gear ratio calculation

Post by tlcoll1 »

Here's a new feature: the ECU+ now supports an internal calculation of your car's gear number. See attached screenshot for how you set this up, but it's a lot easier than the big formula approach (viewtopic.php?f=6&t=710).

I'll make the gear number available as a custom logging value so you can see what the internal gear number is, but in general this feature is targeted at future features where something depends on what gear you're in. Should be pretty handy.

(More features coming in the near future - I want to get a bunch of stuff done and then make a release, but don't expect much in the next week or two. Federal form 1040 is calling out to me!)

Tom
Attachments
Gear ratio setup.
Gear ratio setup.
gear_setup.jpg (69.07 KiB) Viewed 8804 times

tlcoll1
Site Admin

Re: New feature: internal gear ratio calculation

Post by tlcoll1 »

tlcoll1 wrote:I'll make the gear number available as a custom logging value so you can see what the internal gear number is, but in general this feature is targeted at future features where something depends on what gear you're in. Should be pretty handy.

(More features coming in the near future - I want to get a bunch of stuff done and then make a release, but don't expect much in the next week or two. Federal form 1040 is calling out to me!)
Federal form 1040 is now done, so I'm back to working on the ECU+. Custom-logging of gear as well as clutch-in/out status is now done.

BTW, I'm getting back more money in taxes this year than I ever made on the ECU+ in a given year. Let's hear it for losing all of my money in the stock market!

Tom
Too busy for bankruptcy

96 awd of the 808

Post by 96 awd of the 808 »

Hey that was two weeks and two days. :lol: Naw just play'in. Good job on the tax return. I just paid some one to calculate what the real amount it cost me to live with limited freedoms this year. :?
850cc,Precision Turbo scm-6262,FMIC,3" Exhaust,PLX Wideband,Chromally FlyWheel,Fidanza 6 Puck Clutch,255 LPHFuel pump,AFPR,Arias pistons,EagleRods,Crower springs,Fearra valves, B.C. 280* Cams,Greddy bov,3.5" maf,Tien SS Suspension

honki24

Post by honki24 »

lol, sorry to hear it wasn't as profitable as it should have been. I hope you're enjoying yourself though! I sure am!
Advoacate of the Theocratic Reign.
http://www.FlatlineMotorsports.net
03 Evo 8

Return to “Feature Requests and Bug Reports”