ECUFlash V. 1.35 problems

Want the ECU+ to make you breakfast in the morning? Did the software light your basement on fire? Chime in here.
honki24

ECUFlash V. 1.35 problems

Post by honki24 »

I cannot view my maps now that I've upgraded to version 1.35 of ECUFlash. I have changed all my "endians" from "little" to "big" in both my specific ROM XML and my EVO7BASE XML. It appears that now neither my RPM or LOAD will track on the maps. See printscreen. Help!?

Attachments
1.35 problems.PNG
1.35 problems.PNG (97.51 KiB) Viewed 17951 times
Advoacate of the Theocratic Reign.
http://www.FlatlineMotorsports.net
03 Evo 8

burgers22

Re: ECUFlash V. 1.35 problems

Post by burgers22 »

Hi

What I do is have a version of the xml in a directory other than the one ECUflash uses, that has the little edian defined, then point ECU+ to that. Leave ECUflash pointing to the big edian version.

MB
3" TBE, decat, Walbro 255, ECU+, K&N drop in.

tlcoll1
Site Admin

Post by tlcoll1 »

honki24 wrote:I cannot view my maps now that I've upgraded to version 1.35 of ECUFlash. I have changed all my "endians" from "little" to "big" in both my specific ROM XML and my EVO7BASE XML. It appears that now neither my RPM or LOAD will track on the maps. See printscreen. Help!?
E-mail me and I'll send you a beta with the v1.31 endianness changes in it. Unlike previous betas, this one will produce supported .ecd files, so it's safe to use all of the time. Let me know if this version still has problems with the latest ROM files.

Tom

honki24

Post by honki24 »

lol... I'm just going to flat out say it. I love you.
03 Evo 8

tlcoll1
Site Admin

Post by tlcoll1 »

If you ever "fall out of love," I'm gonna be expecting alimony! :D

Tom

vroomevo

Post by vroomevo »

this is exactly what's happening with me...
been struggling for past 2-3 hrs...why isn't this tracing the map!!!!

Tom, can you send me beta version of 1.29 to chongparke@yahoo.com?
thank you.
Chong

vroomevo

Post by vroomevo »

yeah!
so, you still can use newer version of ECUflash(i really like the graph feature of newer version).
all you have to do is copy and save older version of 'rommetadata' folder into different location in your hard driver and designate this new folder into ECUPlus Win setting.

so, now i can use ecuflash 1.35 with graph feature and still able to trace the map on ECUplus...

if you need older version of rommetadata files, let me know.

honki24

Post by honki24 »

New beta makes the "big" endian work! huzzah!
03 Evo 8

honki24

Post by honki24 »

Hey tom, I just updated everything... lol really bad things happen if you dont load your settings after updating the DSP. At any rate... Hey wheres the info on how to use the BOV table thing? I'm ready to test. I cant remember how to use your lil table there.
03 Evo 8

honki24

Post by honki24 »

Hey tom... now I'm into it. Alright... the new beta has one error that I've found. I took a log in the driveway. I'm looking at it and noticed the EGT scaling is off. I think I logged it as voltage, not EGT btw. So Now I try to right click and change Y axis to specific. I change it to 900-1800. I hit ok and get what you see below. it locks up and stops responding. typing w/ baby under 1 arm. pls help.
Attachments
Problem.PNG
Problem.PNG (88.72 KiB) Viewed 17746 times
03 Evo 8

tlcoll1
Site Admin

Post by tlcoll1 »

honki24 wrote:At any rate... Hey wheres the info on how to use the BOV table thing? I'm ready to test. I cant remember how to use your lil table there.
I re-sent you the original e-mail w/instructions.

Tom

tlcoll1
Site Admin

Post by tlcoll1 »

honki24 wrote:Hey tom... now I'm into it. Alright... the new beta has one error that I've found. I took a log in the driveway. I'm looking at it and noticed the EGT scaling is off. I think I logged it as voltage, not EGT btw. So Now I try to right click and change Y axis to specific. I change it to 900-1800. I hit ok and get what you see below. it locks up and stops responding. typing w/ baby under 1 arm. pls help.
Yea, you did log as voltage since the Engine Monitor says "Analog 1".

That does look like a hang. If you can reproduce it, send me the .ecd file. I can't get it to happen on my end.

Tom

honki24

Post by honki24 »

Here it is. If you set your ECU+ win settings to say EGR, but your ECU+ headunit settings to say voltage and you try to scale it, you have problems.
Attachments
09-12-2008--04-55.ecd
(1.55 MiB) Downloaded 876 times
03 Evo 8

honki24

Post by honki24 »

And I know this doesn't belong here... but I really don't have time to look any longer for the correct thread: The gear logging didn't work. I plugged in the exact formula you had for your custom log and it always ouput nothing. "gear" always said "0.0"
03 Evo 8

tlcoll1
Site Admin

Post by tlcoll1 »

honki24 wrote:Here it is. If you set your ECU+ win settings to say EGR, but your ECU+ headunit settings to say voltage and you try to scale it, you have problems.
Hmm. Still doesn't happen for me. I'm wondering if it has to do with your current zoom vs what you're setting it to. I can reproduce your ECU+ setup exactly if you can send me another file.

1. Start->Run->regedit
2. Ctrl+F, "TomCollinsSoftware"
3. Once the registry key is found, do File->Export and save that to my.reg. Send me that file.

Very strange.

Tom

Return to “Feature Requests and Bug Reports”