New feature: Much improved drag race analysis

Want the ECU+ to make you breakfast in the morning? Did the software light your basement on fire? Chime in here.
tlcoll1
Site Admin

New feature: Much improved drag race analysis

Post by tlcoll1 »

Here's a feature I've been working on off and on for a few weeks - improved drag analysis. Long the red-headed stepchild of the ECU+, the little-used Analyze->Drag Race Analysis has gotten a makeover. Here's what's new:

- Improved accuracy. Still not dead-on with respect to real drag runs, but somewhat better. Still accurate in a relative sense, though.
- Supports overlays. It now deals correctly with multiple, overlaid captures.
- Includes a new distance vs time graph.
- The graph cursor tracks back to the normal time plots, just like in the dyno analysis graph.
- Includes a "Tips" window, which includes a bunch of information about drag racing and how to do it.
- Includes a "Details" window, which shows detailed stats on the drag run(s), including highlighting the best value when multiple captures are overlaid. The details window also shows information about your shifts.

This turned out really well IMO. Check out the screenshots below.

Tom
Attachments
The main analysis screen.  Note the time vs distance graph and the stats on the left.  The stats toggle as the cursor moves from one graph to the next.
The main analysis screen. Note the time vs distance graph and the stats on the left. The stats toggle as the cursor moves from one graph to the next.
draganal1.jpg (141.43 KiB) Viewed 10038 times
The first set of detailed stats.
The first set of detailed stats.
draganal2.jpg (143.05 KiB) Viewed 10037 times
The second set of detailed stats.
The second set of detailed stats.
draganal3.jpg (139.97 KiB) Viewed 10038 times

honki24

Re: New feature: Much improved drag race analysis

Post by honki24 »

crazy bro. Test it at a drag strip?
Advoacate of the Theocratic Reign.
http://www.FlatlineMotorsports.net
03 Evo 8

tlcoll1
Site Admin

Post by tlcoll1 »

I developed it using real runs from a drag strip in my car last year. It's fairly accurate.

Tom

honki24

Post by honki24 »

Very nice. Honestly it looks a bit overwhelming to me. Perhaps that is greatly due to my very limited desire to drag my lancer again. :mrgreen: Looks like a powerful tool for draggers though. I'm surprised others haven't piped up.
Advoacate of the Theocratic Reign.
http://www.FlatlineMotorsports.net
03 Evo 8

SHFTIXK

Post by SHFTIXK »

Looks cool ! It will be a good way to analyze my passes down the strip and see where I need to improve.
1990 GSX

da1sexmonk83

Post by da1sexmonk83 »

Very nice looking feature, can't wait to try it! And Mut II logging for my 96! WOOT

Return to “Feature Requests and Bug Reports”