Feature request - Auto connect

Want the ECU+ to make you breakfast in the morning? Did the software light your basement on fire? Chime in here.
Deepnine

Feature request - Auto connect

Post by Deepnine »

Hi,

I'm using an old laptop as logging station in my dsm. All interfaces are connected to this computer. I download my logs via WLAN to my homeserver if i'm in my garage.
When i turn on the ignition key the laptop is powered up. At this point all my software is started without any user action. I don't even need to watch anything. Everything is automatic.
Except ECUplus!!

Is it possible to include a commandline switch like "EcuPlusW.exe -c 2" for connect on com2 until connection is possible?
Sometimes the laptop is on 10min before ECU+ gets power, then the autoconnect would timeout and no connection is made.

I don't think its a very big feature. But if it is not possible, i will try with some mouse recorder tool or something like that.

thx Jan

tlcoll1
Site Admin

Re: Feature request - Auto connect

Post by tlcoll1 »

Deepnine wrote: Is it possible to include a commandline switch like "EcuPlusW.exe -c 2" for connect on com2 until connection is possible?
Sometimes the laptop is on 10min before ECU+ gets power, then the autoconnect would timeout and no connection is made.
Seems straightforward, but are you sure that the connection times out? I checked the code, and it looks to me like the "Connecting to the ECU+ head unit" box will stay up indefinitely.

Tom

Deepnine

Post by Deepnine »

No i'm not sure! I thought it will do, don't know why. I think I'm brain washed by Microsoft products where everything times out and throws errors. :D

tlcoll1
Site Admin

Post by tlcoll1 »

I added a command-line switch to the software that auto-starts a new capture when you start EcuPlusW. "EcuPlusW /a"

Will be in the next release.

Tom

honki24

Post by honki24 »

Not always though right? Will it be like the rom editing vs. the non-rom editing versions? I rather prefer it not automatically start a capture.
Advoacate of the Theocratic Reign.
http://www.FlatlineMotorsports.net
03 Evo 8

rogersmith

Post by rogersmith »

No, not always. It'll only do the behavior they're talking about if you modify your shortcut for ECUplus to how Tom said.

Deepnine

Post by Deepnine »

tlcoll1 wrote:I added a command-line switch to the software that auto-starts a new capture when you start EcuPlusW. "EcuPlusW /a"

Will be in the next release.

Tom
Great!!!!

Return to “Feature Requests and Bug Reports”