Feature request - Math channel

Want the ECU+ to make you breakfast in the morning? Did the software light your basement on fire? Chime in here.
Deepnine

Feature request - Math channel

Post by Deepnine »

Hi,

I would like to have some math channels where i can do some calulations with my logs.

a) Best: A general math-channel, with your own formulas. And define as much channels as you want.

or if its to heavy

b) Mas per revolution ( MAS_in / rpm)

that would be a good load-faktor.

Now i'm exporting my logs, and do the calculations with excel, then import them to logworks. And this doesn't work very good.

i would like to see my mathchannels in realtime-logging, while im driving.

Jan

tlcoll1
Site Admin

Post by tlcoll1 »

Sounds yucky to do, so I'm gonna say no. But... as with all features, if enough people want this (and would actually use it), I can be convinced otherwise. Who else wants to sign me up for this feature (and remember, I'm only one guy, so I can't do it all) in lieu of some of the other good ideas posted here?

Tom

wreck'd

Post by wreck'd »

How about just getting it to log 2-byte load?

wreck'd

Post by wreck'd »

How about just getting it to log 2-byte load?

rogersmith

Post by rogersmith »

Yeah there are a lot of new developments with the Evo ECU. The 2-byte load, wastegate duty cycle,

Maybe replacing 2-byte load with the load calculation you have now. Or wait, 2-byte load requires ROM editing so maybe just an option to log 2-byte load or not.

I'd want to have 2-byte load too. That way I can do away with using two loggers and just use ECU+.

tlcoll1
Site Admin

Post by tlcoll1 »

I don't really follow the EVO ECU development at all, though I am open to logging other things. Ivan C has asked me to log "Octane," for example, and I'll add that in. If you can explain the "two byte load" in enough detail, including the formula to display this load, I can add it in. One caveat: all MUT-II request and replies are 1 byte only, so pulling two separate values and combining them in software is ok, but pulling one value that returns more than 1 byte is not. Too many things have to change to support the latter.

Tom

Ivan_C

Post by Ivan_C »

Tom, I sent you an email with some info. Should explain it enough.
04 - 11.993@110.52 | 05 11.74@117.52 | 06 11.79@118.50 | 07 11.38@122.51

Redline 2007 Summit Point street AWD and street overall winning car.

rogersmith

Post by rogersmith »

Here is a xml definition for the 2-byte load logging. It doesn't read a 2-byte requests, it combines two bytes together that were read.

Code: Select all

<Request LogReference="RequestID00" RequestID="00" Eval="x" Unit="INT" Logged="y" Response="2" />
<Request LogReference="RequestID01" RequestID="01" Eval="x" Unit="INT" Logged="y" Response="2" />
<Request LogReference="Load-2byte" RequestID="FF" Eval="((256*RequestID00)+RequestID01)*10/32" Unit="2byteLoad" Logged="y" Response="2" />
So I guess all you need is the two request IDs 00 and 01 and then do that math on the two variables ((256*RequestID00)+RequestID01)*10/32

honki24

Post by honki24 »

YAY! 2-byte and knock sum would make this thing unstoppable. I WANT TO STOP USING 2 LOGGERS ALSO!! lol, the usb loggers (mitsulogger/evoscan) are so finnicky sometimes, just gimme my ECU+!
Advoacate of the Theocratic Reign.
http://www.FlatlineMotorsports.net
03 Evo 8

tlcoll1
Site Admin

Post by tlcoll1 »

Hmm.

Tom
Attachments
Potential new feature that I might have implemented tonight.  Potentially.  In theory.  Could even work some day.  With a lot of luck.  I guess.
Potential new feature that I might have implemented tonight. Potentially. In theory. Could even work some day. With a lot of luck. I guess.
2bl.jpg (39.19 KiB) Viewed 12168 times

honki24

Post by honki24 »

I don't understand it, but it looks like you can have 2-byte up in some capacity! yaaaaaayyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!
Advoacate of the Theocratic Reign.
http://www.FlatlineMotorsports.net
03 Evo 8

burgers22

Post by burgers22 »

That would be a great feature, but as far as I can tell, you would still need to modify your ROM so that the RAM address for both the bytes are present in the MUT table. Getting ECU+ to log those two addresses and do the maths to present it in a useful manor is obviously something Tom would have to do, but should not be to much more of a challenge than reading MUT knock.

MB
3" TBE, decat, Walbro 255, ECU+, K&N drop in.

tlcoll1
Site Admin

Re: Feature request - Math channel

Post by tlcoll1 »

Deepnine wrote:Hi,

I would like to have some math channels where i can do some calulations with my logs.

a) Best: A general math-channel, with your own formulas. And define as much channels as you want.
Even though I said no initially, I finished this up this evening. You can now define up to 4 custom log "math channels." Screenshots attached.

I saved a bit of time on this because of the work I did on customizable MUT-II logging, but it was still a big chunk of effort. A week of time, 50 files added, deleted or modified, and 3600 lines of changed software.

Tom
Never forgets a feature
Attachments
Custom logging in action.
Custom logging in action.
custlog-4.jpg (111.87 KiB) Viewed 11192 times
Testing the formula.
Testing the formula.
custlog-3.jpg (43.92 KiB) Viewed 11192 times
Editing a custom log entry.
Editing a custom log entry.
custlog-2.jpg (51.48 KiB) Viewed 11192 times
Listing the custom log entries.
Listing the custom log entries.
custlog-1.jpg (39.22 KiB) Viewed 11192 times

Deepnine

Post by Deepnine »

You are my hero! :D :D Thx

Now its time to throw away my logworks and excel.

rogersmith

Post by rogersmith »

This is cool. Thanks for the work, Tom. :D

Return to “Feature Requests and Bug Reports”