New feature: EVO ROM editing and map tracing

Want the ECU+ to make you breakfast in the morning? Did the software light your basement on fire? Chime in here.
iluvecuplus

Post by iluvecuplus »

tlcoll1 wrote:Next release, which I'm working on now.

Tom
Any progress? :)

tlcoll1
Site Admin

Post by tlcoll1 »

Progress, but no release date.

Tom

dWiGhT

Post by dWiGhT »

>The ECU+ can read unmodified EcuFlash XML ROM definitions.

When will this work on modified XML?

dWiGhT

tlcoll1
Site Admin

Post by tlcoll1 »

The current software understands the structure of the XML, so if you move tables around or something like that everything should be ok. If it's an entirely new XML format, then no.

BTW, MalibuJack pointed out to me that EcuFlash v1.31 made an incompatible change to the XML ROM definitions, so XML files from that version may show some strange values. Fix will be in the next release.

Tom

dWiGhT

Post by dWiGhT »

Yeah 1.29a is the one that most people are staying with. I've not upgraded it from 1.29a since.

honki24

Post by honki24 »

Same here.
Advoacate of the Theocratic Reign.
http://www.FlatlineMotorsports.net
03 Evo 8

burgers22

Post by burgers22 »

I noticed the ECU+ not reading the xmls from later versions of ECUflash, luckily I had the older versions saved so just pointed ECU+ at that.

The map tracing and editing is flipping great, top work Tom. Thanks.

MB
3" TBE, decat, Walbro 255, ECU+, K&N drop in.

honki24

Post by honki24 »

burgers22 wrote:
The map tracing and editing is flipping great, top work Tom. Thanks.

MB
Totally agreed. The only suggestion I might make is perhaps being able to highlight a section of a run, say on the rpm graph, and it keep the rom cells highlighted... or something to that effect. As it stands now I have to keep rolling the cursor accross the run and watch the rom's fuel map as it traces out and attempt to memorize the cells.

Us evo guys are getting to be a pain aren't we.
03 Evo 8

tlcoll1
Site Admin

Post by tlcoll1 »

burgers22 wrote:I noticed the ECU+ not reading the xmls from later versions of ECUflash, luckily I had the older versions saved so just pointed ECU+ at that.
If you get into a bind, I have the fix for the XML changes already done and could make a new version available.

Tom

tlcoll1
Site Admin

Post by tlcoll1 »

honki24 wrote:The only suggestion I might make is perhaps being able to highlight a section of a run, say on the rpm graph, and it keep the rom cells highlighted... or something to that effect. As it stands now I have to keep rolling the cursor accross the run and watch the rom's fuel map as it traces out and attempt to memorize the cells.
'Splain in more detail, please.

Tom

honki24

Post by honki24 »

Hmmm... I'll try to do better...

In order to see how a run traces out on the (let's say) fuel map, you need to sweep your cursor over one of the other graphs (boost/rpm/AFR/etc..) and watch the fuel table. You then need to memorize which cells were highlighted to go back and tune them all. Now... it's possible to do it cell by cell, which is fine... but I was just suggesting some way to differentiate the cells over which you've swept. Maybe something like this: highlight an RPM ramp for a 3rd gear pull on the RPM graph. The highlighted section would then turn blue or something. Then you could right click in that area to get a window. The options might be:
Zoom to X axis parameters
Zoom to Y axis parameters
Zoom to X and Y axis parameters
Hilight selection in map tracer

You would obviously need to add the zoom options in there b/c currently when you select an area it auto-zooms. (which I honestly find distracting because I never mean to zoom that way and always have in mind the max/min I would like to see on any graph) And the last selection "Highlight selection in map tracer" would do something like outline the cells you ran through in whatever ROM maps you might be looking at.

This is just a suggestion. Not only is this function not neccesarily required but perhaps this isn't even the best way to accomplish it. To me it seems most obvious though. I don't like to do the CTRL-T or whatever it is to zoom to a WOT pull, because its a pain to go back to the other scaling... plus I'm not always tuning WOT.

dunno if that made more sense or not... :roll:
03 Evo 8

tlcoll1
Site Admin

Post by tlcoll1 »

I'd say I prefer to have the click-and-drag box keep working the way it does now, where it zooms to the selected region. I think most people find that logical (and BTW, Ctrl+Z will un-zoom if you zoom in by accident - that also un-zooms a Ctrl+T). But I might go for a new menu item that highlights what would be traced within the current X axis time period. The highlighting would go away when you scroll X-wise. How about that?

Tom

honki24

Post by honki24 »

Sounds fair enough to me. You're the GUI expert. ;)
03 Evo 8

tlcoll1
Site Admin

Post by tlcoll1 »

honki24 wrote: Totally agreed. The only suggestion I might make is perhaps being able to highlight a section of a run, say on the rpm graph, and it keep the rom cells highlighted... or something to that effect. As it stands now I have to keep rolling the cursor accross the run and watch the rom's fuel map as it traces out and attempt to memorize the cells.
Done.

Tom
Implementer of all honki24 feature requests
Attachments
Selected cells highlighted.
Selected cells highlighted.
highlight-trace-3.jpg (126.24 KiB) Viewed 9283 times
Selecting a range to highlight.
Selecting a range to highlight.
highlight-trace-2.jpg (119.59 KiB) Viewed 9283 times
The new menu item.
The new menu item.
highlight-trace-1.jpg (125.47 KiB) Viewed 9283 times

honki24

Post by honki24 »

I feel like I need to put you on payroll....

my wife and kids may disagree. ;) You are a good man Tom. Thank you.
03 Evo 8

Return to “Feature Requests and Bug Reports”